Trusted Guidance For Complex Mass Tort Injury Cases
Injuries that arise from defective products, dangerous prescription drugs or exposure to asbestos or other toxins may cause injuries to many people. The best method to resolve these types of cases may be through a mass tort lawsuit.
Due to their size and the number of different moving parts, mass tort cases are exceedingly complicated and difficult to resolve successfully. Few law firms have the resources or knowledge needed to effectively guide injury victims through this process.
The trial lawyers at the Williams Litigation Group conduct a thorough analysis of every client’s case to determine the best course of action. Our attorneys have more than 30 years of combined experience resolving some of the most complicated, difficult and serious personal injury cases. Our relentless pursuit of justice has earned us the trust and respect of our clients and our colleague throughout Georgia.
What Are Mass Torts?
In many personal injury cases, there may only be a single plaintiff. A mass tort case involves a large number of plaintiffs who are suing one or several defendants.
Even though there are many different plaintiffs, the facts and circumstances involving every individual plaintiff are often very similar. Additionally, when one plaintiff is successful, that outcome increases the odds of a successful outcome for other plaintiffs who are a part of the mass tort.
The Advantages Of Mass Torts
Filing a single personal injury lawsuit against a negligent company is a long, costly process. Rather than investigating and litigating a case on their own, a mass tort lawsuit can make resolving these complex cases easier. In the right situation, mass torts can be a quicker, more cost-effective tool to help injury victims get the compensation they are entitled to receive for their injuries.
Active Mass Tort Litigation Cases
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination-Contaminants found in the drinking water at Camp Lejeune have led to certain diseases later on. Veterans, Reservists and Guardsmen who served at Camp Lejeune or MAC New River for at least 30 cumulative days from August 1953 through December 1987 and did not receive and honorable discharge may be eligible for disability benefits.
- Hernia Mesh-Hernia mesh medical devices were found to be defectively designed and the manufactures have failed to properly warn medical providers of the serious complications and device failures.
- Vaginal Mesh-More than 100,000 transvaginal mesh lawsuits have been filed leading to one of the largest mass torts in history. Medical device manufactures were found to have provided “false and misleading information” about how safe and effective the products were supposed to be.
- RoundUp-Monsanto failed to warn users about the cancer risk and failed to place appropriate labels on their products. The Monsanto RoundUp class action has yielded over 100,000 settlements for over $11 billion.
- Stryker Hip Implants-Stryker has faced many recalls, lawsuits, and revision surgeries due to faulty metal hip implants. Faulty metal hip implants caused severe pain and future complications that required additional surgery to repair. Lawsuits claim that metal parts in the implants were releasing toxic metal ions into the body.
- Talcum Powder-More than 18,000 talcum powder cases are filed throughout the United States against Johnson & Johnson. A significant portion of the cases involved the development of mesothelioma, but more commonly, they were diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
- Zantac-The FDA has requested that all Zantac products be removed from the market because the drug contains high levels of NDMA. NDMA is a dangerous carcinogen linked to an increased risk of cancer.
- Toxic Baby Food-Several baby food manufactures sold baby food products despite internal testing that showed certain products contained toxic levels of arsenic. Children later received medical diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, cognitive impairment and other illness associated with heavy metal exposure.
- 3M Earplugs-Veterans who were deployed in combat zones between 2003 and 2015 and have suffered partial or total hearing loss or tinnitus may be eligible for compensation for their injuries.
Trusted Attorneys Standing By Your Side
Large corporations involved in mass tort cases have tough, skilled attorneys defending their interests. You should have the same high-quality legal counsel in your corner.